super trapp tuning

4 replies to this topic
  • imprezed

Posted May 17, 2007 - 10:05 AM

newbie question I have a super trapp exuast and I'm trying to lower the noise looking online I found the install guide in reading I noted they show no washers between the plates ( my bike does have washers ) shoud the washer I have be there or is it a " after after market ad " :)

• TDC71

Posted May 17, 2007 - 11:04 AM

What washer are you talking about? You can tune the pipe by adding and removing discs at the end cap or in the can if it is a IDS2. 3 allens hold the discs in place. Less discs= less noise less power/ More discs=more noise and more power. Dependind on how many you add or remove re-jetting may be in order. I'd say anything over 3 discs more or less will require re-jet. Oh I know someone was too cheap to buy the extra discs so they did the ghetto tune. Pull em out and it will be quieter but may run rich youll have to test and tune.

Todd:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Beerad

Posted May 17, 2007 - 01:08 PM

newbie question I have a super trapp exuast and I'm trying to lower the noise looking online I found the install guide in reading I noted they show no washers between the plates ( my bike does have washers ) shoud the washer I have be there or is it a " after after market ad " :)

I used to use the super trapp style exhaust on my 600's back in the day when I was still racing. The washers were added by the user of the exhaust to get less back pressure and more top end power, the byproduct of this was more noise. You just need to remove the washers between all the plates and this will greatly reduce the noise. Also, less plates = less noise though I don't recommend running any less than around 10 plates.:ride:

• Adamsvh67

Posted May 17, 2007 - 02:17 PM

According to Supertrapp, 4-6 discs similar to factory restriction(although I think it is less restricive still), USUALLY no jetting required.
I started at 8 but went to 10 because it's just not that loud unless you're hard on the throttle.

• NMike

Posted May 17, 2007 - 08:09 PM

i have the IDS2 muffler on my 650r. i run all the disc that came with it. more power than the stock muffler with a tip, quieter too.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.