Garmin eTrex GPS

2 replies to this topic
  • Dougie

Posted February 08, 2002 - 02:31 PM

My buddy got a Garmin eTrex Legend GPS for Xmas and he promptly gave it to me to learn how to use. He said the book was too thick and he didn't have the time. So the smuck that I am, I said I would try to figure it out. Anyone have this model or one close to it? Is it even worth it to learn? This looks like a hand held model, not one that hooks to a bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • okieguy

Posted February 11, 2002 - 05:08 AM

I have the Etrex venture which is close to the legend. They work very well for finding the way back to the truck if you are going way back into the woods.

They are very easy to use.

You set the waypoint at the truck and then if you get turned around it will tell you the direction back. Will also tell you how far back to the truck and average speed and top speed.

I have a handle bar mount for mine,(garmin) cost about $15 and works well.

• Bryan

Posted February 11, 2002 - 05:20 AM

Sup Dougie?
I have the Etrix Vista which is close to what you have. Yes, you can get lots of different mounts for the motorcycle. Here is the one I have although it's a bit pricey:

Warning: DON'T use rechargable batteries in this unit while on the motorcycle. It won't hurt the unit, but mine CONSTANTLY shuts off when I do use rechargebles.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.