New stator install

7 replies to this topic
  • camoman

Posted May 16, 2007 - 05:58 PM

I think I did something wrong... I installed a new stator from ricky stator,, when I put on the side cover it was a snug fit...It seems really hard to kick like it is stuck... help???

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted May 16, 2007 - 06:11 PM

I don't know which bike you are referring to and my stator was a rewound stator by Baja Designs, but the cover had to be slightly modified with a dremel tool for the 650R. You need to take it back out and make absolutely sure you have plenty of room. It's kind of hard to put it in wrong, but I guess it's possible. Still, sounds like your problem is interference with the flywheel and not between stator and case. Did your instructions say anything about modifying the case?

• hill5150

Posted May 16, 2007 - 06:41 PM

I have a Ricky in mine and there were no fitment issues..................

• NMike

Posted May 16, 2007 - 06:47 PM

just installed a ricky in mine last weekend. no issues. better take it apart and check for marks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • camoman

Posted May 17, 2007 - 03:03 AM

Yes I will ,, glad I did not put any oil in it or really try and rotate crank...

• pman13

Posted May 17, 2007 - 09:35 AM

I installed mine on an R about three months ago and I didn't have to clearance anything. My bet is the little clip that holds the wire to the cover fell out and is jammed against something.

• camoman

Posted May 17, 2007 - 10:57 AM

My bet is I put the wires toward the flywheel and not the case side.....Good thing I did not try and start it or move the crank. will tear into it tonight...

• camoman

Posted May 18, 2007 - 05:09 AM

Yes I was right..Pulled it out and turned it around, fits great, but I need a new gasket now....
Stupid me, that is what I get for being in a hurry,, too many things going on at once....

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.