Cheap foot pegs for 650R

11 replies to this topic
  • drop

Posted May 16, 2007 - 03:26 PM

I'm looking to replace my stock footpegs on my 650R because the left one is bent. They seem to be surprisingly expensive. The best deal I've found is the Tusk Stainless for $65 but they're out of stock at Rocky Mountain. Does anyone know of any good deals for non-OEM pegs? I was leaning towards the IMS Pro's for $87 but I hear they have fitment issues. What about the IMS superstock for $72? Has anyone tried those?

• Barro

Posted May 16, 2007 - 04:39 PM

You want a barely used stock peg? Pick it up in midtown TO with a Heineken 6pack or some interesting XR bit on hand. Fair?

• drop

Posted May 16, 2007 - 06:30 PM

I live about 14 hours north of you so that won't work. Thanks for the offer anyways.

• hill5150

Posted May 16, 2007 - 06:40 PM

The IMS are top notch, spend the $, the bike's worth it............

• drop

Posted May 16, 2007 - 06:50 PM

Should I go with the pro's or superstocks? I'm leaning towards the ss because the sharp teeth on the pro's seems like a saftey issue.

• BajaBoundMoto

Posted May 16, 2007 - 06:53 PM

+1 on the ims pegs.
I have sets of SuperStocks and Pros (many bikes) and like them both. For racing I'd only use the Pros. For general use the Supers are fine.
In reality, since you're used to the OEM pegs you'll be on cloud nine with big pegs.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Firelyle

Posted May 16, 2007 - 07:18 PM

Spend the bucks on the SS pegs....you will not be disappointed! :)

• Barro

Posted May 16, 2007 - 07:51 PM

I live about 14 hours north of you so that won't work. Thanks for the offer anyways.

A hell of a two day dirt ride! I have replaced the stockers with the top-buck IMS... they're OK.

14 Hours eh, yeah... dat-cool, what road/town would that equate to. BTW, check out

www.odsc.on.ca

• Thumpmeister

Posted May 16, 2007 - 08:10 PM

+2 On the IMS pegs. I went with the burly pegs, and those things are SOLID. Plus, the little knobs won't wear off like they do on the stockers. Well worth the money.

• drop

Posted May 17, 2007 - 09:46 AM

Just ride north until you can't go further lol. Those ODSC guys are a little uptight for dirt bike riders. I'll save my pennies and get the SS pegs I guess.

• Old_Man_Time

Posted May 17, 2007 - 09:46 PM

I have the IMS SS on several of my bikes. They are great.

• sanjoh

Posted May 18, 2007 - 11:03 AM

+1 on the Tusk, great value.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.