can i ride a wr400 on a mx track?

7 replies to this topic
  • p888

Posted February 08, 2002 - 01:58 PM

hello, i ride an xr in the woods, thinking about a little motocross but i have little experience, i came across a wr400 for a great price but i all ready have a trail bike, how does this bike do at the track? what is involved in makeing it handle like the yz? should i just look for a mx bike? i think i could get this bike for 3k

• Dougie

Posted February 08, 2002 - 02:01 PM

Absolutely! You have a great bike for the track. Is it YZ timed? Even if it is not, you will have a good time. The suspension is more than adaquate to handle the track. I use to take mine all the time even before I YZ timed it.

• dieseld

Posted February 08, 2002 - 08:17 PM

Get a YZ seat and tank, raise the forks a little, get some good tires, dial in the suspension - you now have a very fun and easy to ride motocross bike, WR or YZ timed !

• YAMAKAZE

Posted February 09, 2002 - 10:32 PM

I don't Know...it might not be able to handle the jumps...

Posted Image

Bonzai :)

[ February 09, 2002: Message edited by: YAMAKAZE ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guy

Posted February 09, 2002 - 02:30 PM

:) Kaze ... I've had that photo professionally analysed, and I'm afraid to report that you are actually stood in your drive, eating Pizza, and the trees, jump etc have been skillfully airbrushed in!.............He HE ONLY JOKING! :D
Top piccy, well impressed , you are about 10 feet braver than me (vertically that is !) :D

• BFLee

Posted February 09, 2002 - 04:08 PM

You might be right Yamakazi :)
Posted Image

• MOmilkman

Posted February 09, 2002 - 06:24 PM

Yamakaze,

Looks like a perfectly executed downhill jump to me. Amazingly enough, I've never seen anyone attempt such a jump backwards!!! :D :) :D

• wayneoXCF

Posted February 10, 2002 - 10:19 PM

Check out the intro page to this forum! The WR can be jumped, even by heavy-duty riders!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.