04 Wrf450 Leaking Gas

4 replies to this topic
  • dirty187

Posted May 16, 2007 - 09:45 AM

I have a 2004 wrf450 and every time i stop it leaks gas even
when I turn the gas off, some times if i rev it high before stoping
it wont leak. Do I have a bad jet or petcock HELP GAS ANT CHEAP:cry: :)

• bg10459

Posted May 16, 2007 - 12:01 PM

If it's leaking out the overflow tube on the carb then you need to check your float height or the needle and/or seat may be worn. If you close the petcock it would normally stop once the float bowl has emptied.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kskyles

Posted May 16, 2007 - 01:04 PM

yup. i would agree.

i would check the float needle for wear or some debris that is causing it not to seat properly.

• dirty187

Posted May 16, 2007 - 01:16 PM

I turned the gas off and took off the tank and the gas shut off is not working
I took the petcock apart and it is broken in side so i orderd that,
now on the carb can i get to the float needel with out taking the carb all the way off?

• Fullbore4

Posted May 16, 2007 - 04:43 PM

It would be much easier to adjust the float by taking the carb off....its just a few more things to take off. While you have it off, you can easily inspect the whole bowl to see if there's dirt or worn parts....I would really advise taking it off.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.