426 parts

4 replies to this topic
  • ndiben

Posted May 16, 2007 - 09:39 AM

I would like to ask everyone's opinioin on my current situation. I have a '00 yz 426 with a thrashed top end, blown rear shock and smashed, but functional, radiators. I am torn between parting out the bike for dinero towards a new one or finding the parts off other parted machines. For a used engine, shock and radiators it would cost in the vicinity of 1k so im not so sure its worth the investment. If anyone has an opinion about the best route to take i would greatly appreciate your comments. also, if anyone has the parts i need please PM me or post here.

• ISBB

Posted May 16, 2007 - 09:50 AM

Tough call. Shock and radiators arent cheap even if you found them off another parts bike you would still have to tear down the shock for inspection and its a craps shoot if the seller of the radiators say they are fine but you get em and they leak. PERSONALLY i would probably part it and use the cash towards a newer bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wiz636

Posted May 16, 2007 - 10:32 AM

A radiator shop can fix up your radiators, a shock can be rebuilt. The big question here is what exactly does 'thrashed top end' mean? Can you rebuild it yourself or would you pay a shop? Is the head wasted and need to be replaced? Is the tranny in good shape?

• ingramo

Posted May 16, 2007 - 12:55 PM

Sent you a PM.

• Markopolo400

Posted May 16, 2007 - 02:33 PM

Have the rads repaired-$50 depending on damage
Shock rebuild-$100 depending on damage, and parts needed.
Rebuilding engine from crank up getting parts from TT Store-$450.

I'd fix up your current bike. You'd learn all about your bike, and save a lot of money in the process. :)

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.