Good riddance to FCR carburetor

30 replies to this topic
  • exaresix

Posted May 17, 2007 - 03:08 PM

rmhrc630,

The one shown on ebay has the "Throttle Position Sensor." This would not be applicable to the xr600r would it? I had assumed the correct carb had choke, hot-start, but no TPS. By the way, can you tell me just what the throttle position sensor does?

• rmhrc630

Posted May 17, 2007 - 03:26 PM

rmhrc630,

The one shown on ebay has the "Throttle Position Sensor." This would not be applicable to the xr600r would it? I had assumed the correct carb had choke, hot-start, but no TPS. By the way, can you tell me just what the throttle position sensor does?

Mine also has TPS - you're corect it has no place on the XR6.

From what I read it makes no difference to the bikes that do have the harness

• exaresix

Posted May 17, 2007 - 04:58 PM

So...do you just remove the TPS cable from the carb?

BTW, the guy selling on eBay states in his "store" section, that it takes him "about a week" to get his carbs, then he ships out right away. The US wholesale distributor is, you guessed it, Sudco, so he likely won't be shipping any in the near future. Looks like the classic national back order.

• rmhrc630

Posted May 17, 2007 - 07:27 PM

So...do you just remove the TPS cable from the carb?

BTW, the guy selling on eBay states in his "store" section, that it takes him "about a week" to get his carbs, then he ships out right away. The US wholesale distributor is, you guessed it, Sudco, so he likely won't be shipping any in the near future. Looks like the classic national back order.

Nah just leave it on - does no harm

• exaresix

Posted May 17, 2007 - 07:33 PM

Thanks for all the great info...I'll hope to have a much better experience with an MX!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AndrewXRman

Posted October 20, 2013 - 03:51 AM

So is it only the choke and hot start that make these two carbs different?

• brianhare

Posted October 20, 2013 - 05:07 AM

The FCR MX newer model has better accelerator pump linkage,,also a cutaway in the slide bottom..

B

• Zimman

Posted October 20, 2013 - 05:31 AM

this thread was 6 years old 

so another update is Maricopa county discontinued motorcycle emissions

the same month I bought mine  woot

• exaresix

Posted October 20, 2013 - 08:18 AM

Here's my update six years later!  I tried the Sudco FCR-MX and the clearance issues with the frame made it unsuitable for me. I went back to the non-MX FCR 41 from Sudco, but at my request they installed a choke on it this time.  What a world of difference this made. It is dialed in nicely now and works well with a 45 pilot. No clearance issues with the frame and when I was still taking it through emissions it passed every time. Now, with emissions tests no longer required in AZ, I have no worries. It took a long time to finally get to where I am, having ditched the non-choked FCR 41 as well as the MX, but I'm happy with what I have now. If this carb ever goes belly up, I would probably just go back to the stock unit because it is so simple and works well.

Edited by exaresix, October 20, 2013 - 08:19 AM.

• Zimman

Posted October 20, 2013 - 08:38 AM

thanks for the 6 year update

LOL

I read the whole revived thread  and just kept asking myself Why you went through all of this??

I am thinking my oem works so nice  what could I be missing ??

I am glad I missed emissions on a bike in the AZ heat

Edited by Zimman, October 20, 2013 - 08:40 AM.

• exare

Posted October 27, 2013 - 06:17 AM

my std carb works fine without problem,however I will be doing the butterfly/choke mod/removal sometime soon....imo its a waste of money trying to turn a tug boat into a speed boat.

Edited by exare, October 28, 2013 - 09:10 AM.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.