XR's Only Exhaust Jetting?

5 replies to this topic
  • Whiteman

Posted May 15, 2007 - 08:00 PM

I have searhed and I have not found what I am looking for so I need a little help. I bought a 03 XR650L which already had Dave's mods done. I bought a XR's Only exhaust ( header too) and am a little confused about the jetting. XR's told me 55/158 but that is what the bike had with the stock exhaust. Has anyone put one of the newer XR's exhaust with the quite insert on? What jetting should I try first. The bike has a sputter and bogs in the upper RPMs with the 55/158.

One last thing. The first pipe they sent me didn't have the washers for the quite insert. How do the washers work for the insert? It has three of them, two large and one smaller one.

Thanks,
Whiteman

• LeadDoggy

Posted May 16, 2007 - 07:09 AM

Presently waiting on mt XR's Only pipe for my XR600. Not looking forward to the jetting thing.
Check out FMF's website. They have jetting recomendations for their pipes. But with the bog at upper RPM sounds like maybe to lean on the main jet.

• Denn10

Posted May 16, 2007 - 07:18 AM

Stick with what jetting thats in there and when you get all your exhaust on do a few runs and check your plug. Is the stock exhaust on right now? muffler and header?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • goblin127

Posted May 16, 2007 - 01:59 PM

I have the same pipe but not the insert. i would also wait for the pipe and just do the spark plug check,thats what we all do. I think when I ran my stock carb with Daves mods I was running 58/160,but with the quiet core I would first try whats in there now.

• Whiteman

Posted May 18, 2007 - 10:29 AM

Thanks guys, I did get the whole system and had a prolem with the pipe. The packing was done wrong or something and the pipe ran very hot and packing was coming out of the pipe. They replaced the pipe so I will give the new one a run this weekend and check the plug.

• goblin127

Posted May 18, 2007 - 07:53 PM

Thanks guys, I did get the whole system and had a prolem with the pipe. The packing was done wrong or something and the pipe ran very hot and packing was coming out of the pipe. They replaced the pipe so I will give the new one a run this weekend and check the plug.

Not much can be done untill we know more from the color of the plug. Let us know.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.