How often to change fork oil and put nitrogen in rear shock?

4 replies to this topic
  • CaptainKnobby

Posted May 15, 2007 - 06:47 PM

How often should you change the oil in the front forks? And when should you put a squirt of nitrogen in the rear shock?

• YFZ450_725

Posted May 15, 2007 - 06:53 PM

Fork Oil - 1x year

Nitrogen - I try to top it off every year....not sure when it "needs" it though

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted May 15, 2007 - 07:17 PM

The guy who revalved my forks and shock said they should both (forks and shock) be taken apart once a year for inspections, cleaning, and new fluid. I'd say thats good advice.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted May 15, 2007 - 08:05 PM

Yea that was what I was thinking! I guess that is what I will do>>> Does any of you guys know of any good suspension places I could send mine to when this racing season is over to have mine redone at a reasonable cost.I would like to have mine set up for my riding style.

• mj2412

Posted May 15, 2007 - 11:50 PM

Hello, i change my fork oil every 30 hours and it makes a huge difference. The shock oil will be changed once a year. Bike 426 01.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.