How far can you go?

7 replies to this topic
  • '00_in_Calgary

Posted February 08, 2002 - 08:13 AM

Hi there...

This might be a repeat question, but I can't find much through the search function.

What sort of distance do you folks get out of a tank of gas/petrol your WR400/426.
How about those with aftermarket large gas tanks?

I'm thinking about dual sporting the blue beast.. but distance between stops will be a determining factor.

Yep. Riding style has a bunch to do with it, if you want to include that for more reference, that'd be cool :)

thanks
Neil

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted February 08, 2002 - 11:58 AM

I've got a Clarke YZ tank-3.3 gallons- and I got about 110 miles out of the tank once before I chickened out and filled it up. I have also hit reserve at 80 miles with the same tank. It depends on how hard I push the bike. I think the KL mod to my carb has helped a little with gas mileage.

• fershy

Posted February 08, 2002 - 02:17 PM

'00
Count on about 10km per liter of fuel if you are not mx-crossing
fershy
...also from Cow Town

• Dougie

Posted February 08, 2002 - 02:26 PM

With the stock WR tank, I have gone 80 miles before and never needed the reserve. I get about the same with the 3.3 IMS YZ tank. I have yet needed the reserve on any of my rides.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Woodzi

Posted February 08, 2002 - 02:35 PM

115 km to reserve with a stock tank on my 01. That's with a mix of tight woods, a bit of MX and some roads at a pretty agressive pace.

• HAYESTI

Posted February 08, 2002 - 06:55 PM

Stock tank on single track 110 miles/WR426F,2001

• The_Missile

Posted February 10, 2002 - 11:48 AM

About 4 hours woods riding 90% in 3'rd gear or less and just into reserve! I'm getting a Panoram soon as my stock odo is toast...I'll let you know then !

• Bryan

Posted February 11, 2002 - 05:24 AM

When riding in Moab with the stock tank, I consistantly hit reserve at 65 miles. That's everything from high speed roads to nasty technical ledges.
At that point, I just head back to town with my fingers and toes crossed.

Bryan...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.