Need some info fast

8 replies to this topic
  • krony506

Posted May 15, 2007 - 12:18 PM

I am selling my 07 450F and I have a buyer but I am not sure what to ask for it. Can you fellow TTers give me some help? I only rode this bike once for a few hours and I decided to get a 250F. You help would be sweet!
Posted Image

• Dustin_Mabro

Posted May 15, 2007 - 12:21 PM

I am selling my 07 450F and I have a buyer but I am not sure what to ask for it. Can you fellow TTers give me some help? I only rode this bike once for a few hours and I decided to get a 250F. You help would be sweet!
Posted Image

i'll take it off your hands for $50 if you fill it up first:busted:

sorry dude I've never priced one

• Slinkyman16

Posted May 15, 2007 - 12:43 PM

ill talk that dr. d off ur hands for yeah..

but i would at least try to get what u bought it for.. brand new and aftermarket parts.. should go for at least what u paid.

• 4literranger485

Posted May 15, 2007 - 07:52 PM

:) now thats a good lookin bike, i second his opinion ^^^^

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nickeenoo

Posted May 15, 2007 - 08:51 PM

ill talk that dr. d off ur hands for yeah..

but i would at least try to get what u bought it for.. brand new and aftermarket parts.. should go for at least what u paid.

If you're going to sell it for what you paid for it why would someone buy yours and not a new one? I guess if they do buy it for full retail more power to you. I would take what you paid and drop 5% to 10%.

• Yamahafan

Posted May 16, 2007 - 05:09 AM

Did you put all the aftermarket parts on it before you rode?

I have NEVER seen a bike go for more than the cost of a new stock bike, even with trick aftermarket parts. If you get more than $7000 I would be suprised. You are probably better off putting the stock parts back on on selling it stock. Switch your 450F wheels for the new stock 250F wheels.

How much did you pay for the bike?

• grayracer513

Posted May 16, 2007 - 08:39 AM

The way it works in California, usually, is that aftermarket stuff will make the bike sell quicker, but not usually for any more money than a stocker.

• El Marko

Posted May 16, 2007 - 08:44 AM

With ALL the aftermarket stuff included, ask full retail plus $500 for the aftermarket costs.

You MIGHT get it. More likely, your buyer won't pay any more than the full new cost if it was stock. A blue Honda is an acquired taste and not everyone is going to like it.

I second the opinions of those who say take off the aftermarket stuff and put the stock parts back on and then sell it for $500 less than what you paid, provided you got a good price. Then resell the used parts of use on your 250F.

• krony506

Posted May 16, 2007 - 11:55 AM

The buyer I had backed out and I knew he couldn't afford it(He is a friend). I am leaving it the way it is and putting on the show room floor at the dealer I race for. This way they can finance if they need to and my dealer doesn't charge me for selling it. My plan was to transfer everything that would fit the YZ 250F but I might be buying red. MAYBE!

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.