99 wr400 help

3 replies to this topic
  • JDrooster

Posted May 15, 2007 - 03:49 AM

Hey guys, I'm having a little trouble and I was wondering if anyone could help. I have a 99 wr400. It has the yz throttle stop, stealth fuel screw, gytr exhaust insert and an 03 yz cam. The cam was recently installed. The thing starts so easily now and runs great. I think it may be a tad rich with the gytr on there, but otherwise it seems fine except for one small issue. It tends to stall when I decellerate quickly. It always starts right back up, and seems to idle fine. It just stalls on me when I come off the throttle suddenly and drop speed and revs quickly. I'm not sure where to start looking. I was thinking that maybe it's just because it's a tad rich. I was going to try re-installing the stock exhaust tip and see what happens. Any suggestions (outside of "do a search") would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. -Jerry

• JDrooster

Posted May 17, 2007 - 03:38 AM

Nothing?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rich_in_Orlando

Posted May 17, 2007 - 04:51 PM

Idle set too low?

• JDrooster

Posted May 18, 2007 - 04:19 AM

That was my thought too Rich. I plan on fooling with it Sunday to see if that helps. Thanks so much for your reply.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.