YZ suspension.

6 replies to this topic
  • snowman394

Posted May 14, 2007 - 07:49 PM

how hard would it be to swap the stiffer yz suspension into an 07 wr450? well riding this weekend my buddy and i who both have the 07 wr were bottoming out on some rather small bumps. i have my dampening set up to almost the max as well? what are some other options as well. thanks a ton

• xrmarty

Posted May 15, 2007 - 08:28 AM

how hard would it be to swap the stiffer yz suspension into an 07 wr450? well riding this weekend my buddy and i who both have the 07 wr were bottoming out on some rather small bumps. i have my dampening set up to almost the max as well? what are some other options as well. thanks a ton

I would just take your bikes to a reputable suspension shop in your area and with no doubt they will be able to solve your bottoming out problem. It'll probably be much cheaper to go that route rather than swapping to a yz suspension.

BTW: nice "MY GARAGE" pics, but I didn't see any bikes in them

• drtbk4ever

Posted May 15, 2007 - 08:34 AM

Are you a bigger guy, like 200 lbs or more? If so, new springs would go a long ways to solving your problem. As xrmarty stated, take it to a reputable shop.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • snowman394

Posted May 15, 2007 - 03:11 PM

yeah i way 180, i'll check into a shop here.

btw, xrmarty you must have missed the bike in the right had pic of the group picture, i also added some more from when i rode my bike as well. yours is very pristine and shiny.

• xrmarty

Posted May 15, 2007 - 06:59 PM

btw, xrmarty you must have missed the bike in the right had pic of the group picture, i also added some more from when i rode my bike as well. yours is very pristine and shiny.

My bad, your bike was there. As for mine being all pristine... well... not any longer. Plastic has scratches now and there are scuff marks all over. I ain't worried too much. Super clean shiny dirtbikes don't look right to me. They look like they have no-one to ride them.

• snowman394

Posted May 15, 2007 - 07:51 PM

well thats good to hear. i do like your new bike and im glad it has scratches now. how do you like the gps and steering dampener?

• 02WR426Cali

Posted May 15, 2007 - 11:20 PM

You probably just need to buy some aftermarket valves and set up the shim stacks for your weight and riding ability. You don't need new springs. I just installed Motopros ultra max valve kit, set it up for my 250 pounds and it is the best thing I've ever done to my bike. Now I need to do the rear shock. Check out Moto-Pro.com

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.