Sticky Shifting on '07 WR450

7 replies to this topic
  • jams229

Posted May 14, 2007 - 05:49 PM

Just curious. I changed my oil. Same as always. But I did not start it
up after I did. Sat two days. Rode it today and it was hard to shift.
I figured that maybe because I did not start the bike and lubricate the gears after I changed the oil, it was notchy. But it did not improve after I rode
it a while. Any thoughts?
Thanks.

• Tough Guy

Posted May 14, 2007 - 07:43 PM

I have around 400 miles on mine and it still feels a little stiff between gears, my friend has the same bike and he has complained about it as well...I think it may just be a characteristic of the WR.

Chris

• antigrav

Posted May 15, 2007 - 03:04 PM

mine too notchy as heck... hard to get nuetral compared to my other bikes

• rheynard

Posted May 15, 2007 - 04:23 PM

I don't find mine "notchy", but I will say neutral is damm hard to get in some times. I will wait until it has more hours before condeming it though :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TyeeHusky

Posted May 15, 2007 - 05:09 PM

Be happy nuetral is hard to find. Nothing worse than a shift down into a tight left turn, get on the gas and find you are in nuetral. I will take hard to find and matter of fact I was happy to find my 07 wants to go into gear and not out.

Cannot believe people would complain about it.

As for notchy shifting have you tried changing shifter setup? Move it up or down according to your boot size.

• zukrider

Posted May 15, 2007 - 06:54 PM

The main think I noticed the first few rides is that I hit neutral alot shifting from first to second. It just seem like I had to move the lever more than on my old drz. I dont seem to do it as much now that I used to it.

• antigrav

Posted May 15, 2007 - 08:33 PM

Be happy nuetral is hard to find. Nothing worse than a shift down into a tight left turn, get on the gas and find you are in nuetral. I will take hard to find and matter of fact I was happy to find my 07 wants to go into gear and not out.

Cannot believe people would complain about it.

As for notchy shifting have you tried changing shifter setup? Move it up or down according to your boot size.

Your being silly. This is not a big negative, but it certainly isn't a PLUS. Has nothing to do with how the shifter is adjusted... the thing is new and notchy. I have two other bikes no problem, smooth clicks into gear. This bike I shift passed neutral then go back down passed it just to push it to the truck. I rarely if ever miss a shift on a both my other bikes and they go into neutral with ease. Like I said no biggie, it will probably get better with more time, but a hard to find neutral is not going to help a false neutral or missed shift.

• jams229

Posted May 16, 2007 - 01:06 PM

I agree. TyeeHusky seems to have missed the point.
Notchy shifting has nothing to do with boot size or shifter position.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.