baffling Question?

4 replies to this topic
  • yellowmike

Posted May 14, 2007 - 05:28 PM

Hi all.
I read in a thread here a few weeks ago about someone who replaced the exhaust baffle in their xr650l with one out of an older Honda atv. I have looked and looked and can't find the thread where I read about it.:applause: :applause: Anyone know what make and year baffle from a Honda atv will work in my XL? Thanks.....

• TrailRiderXRL

Posted May 15, 2007 - 03:39 AM

I have one on my bike. It was off an early to mid 90's 4 wheeler. It was given to me by a local rider who used it on his XR650L. It fits just like the stock baffle. I'll check the exact size but I'm pretty sure it has almost 2x the opening of the stock one.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TrailRiderXRL

Posted May 15, 2007 - 04:02 AM

The stock XRL baffle is 15/16th of an inch. The ATV baffle is 1 1/4 inches. Area wise the stocker is .68 and the ATV one is 1.23 square inches. Almost twice the area of the stock opening. It does sound a little louder and deeper than the stocker. I re jetted for the better flow and the bikes runs great!

• pianoexcellence

Posted May 15, 2007 - 09:20 AM

that sounds awesome,

Does anyone know where the best bet would be to find one of these?

• yellowmike

Posted May 15, 2007 - 06:18 PM

The stock XRL baffle is 15/16th of an inch. The ATV baffle is 1 1/4 inches. Area wise the stocker is .68 and the ATV one is 1.23 square inches. Almost twice the area of the stock opening. It does sound a little louder and deeper than the stocker. I re jetted for the better flow and the bikes runs great!

TrailriderXRL,
Thanks for the great info. I will start reasearching what I think might work.
If anyone has a model # that would give me a place to start.. Thanks again.
Yellowmike

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.