Carb Issue?

2 replies to this topic
  • 2012 450 xc-w

Posted May 14, 2007 - 07:27 AM

Recently my 06 450 started to stall or die right off the bottom. Doesn't do it consistently, but enough to concern me. Started doing this last month in Moab, I thought it could be moisture from the first fill up out of the Toyhauler. Any thoughts on what could be causing this? Never had any problems before. No mods to the carb with the exception of modified stock AP cover.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 426_kid

Posted May 14, 2007 - 08:58 AM

pilot jet? WHen ever i have problems on the low end its usual the pilot jet for some reason... id try a good carb cleaning and take it from there... its certainly the cheapest fix

• grayracer513

Posted May 14, 2007 - 10:00 AM

pilot jet? WHen ever i have problems on the low end its usual the pilot jet for some reason...

Could it be because the pilot jet controls fuel delivery from closed to 1/3 throttle? Hmm. It may be as simple as re-dialing the idle mixture screw for weather changes.

If you suspect water in the fuel, pick up a little ethyl or methyl alcohol and add it to the tank. The amount should be roughly twice the suspected volume of water present. Put just a few ounces in the bike's tank, and perhaps as much as a quart in the hauler.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.