Rear turn signals on an xr600r

4 replies to this topic
  • exaresix

Posted May 14, 2007 - 04:49 AM

I'm converting my xr600 to street legal and want to put on a set of rear turn signals. I'm not sure the xr650L brackets will bolt on to the R bike, but that would have been the ideal solution. I don't want to drill the rear fender or use the integrated signals on some aftermarket brake light pods. The White Brothers rubber mount looks "ok" but I'd still like something a little nicer. Do any of you guys have any solutions other than what I've mentioned above?

• focallength

Posted May 14, 2007 - 02:05 PM

I used to use BAJA Designs but anyone with signals that stick out will tell you that you will need to replace them everytime you crash. I now have a set of inexpensive street bike turn signals. hey are flush and dont break when I drop the bike. I would highly suggest getting a pair. Usually to mount them you just have to drill mounting holes in the plastic, no big deal really. Good luck:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jon-D

Posted May 14, 2007 - 03:33 PM

I used to use BAJA Designs but anyone with signals that stick out will tell you that you will need to replace them everytime you crash. I now have a set of inexpensive street bike turn signals. hey are flush and dont break when I drop the bike. I would highly suggest getting a pair. Usually to mount them you just have to drill mounting holes in the plastic, no big deal really. Good luck:thumbsup:

Same thing here except I used the Pepboys trailer running lights (orange ~$7) and mounted them to my rear fender. One thing to consider, I believe you have to have at least 12" of separation between the two signals and by flush mounting them on your fender there is not enough room to get that separation. I have not been pulled over yet, but something to think about.

• exaresix

Posted May 14, 2007 - 06:03 PM

I don't want the flush mount. I have two xr600s. The one to be made street legal, will be on fire roads and easy terrain, so I don't expect too many spills. It is going to have stems and have adquate separation. So far, it looks like the rubber White Bros. mounts for 6.95 a pair, post paid is the best solution.

• LeadDoggy

Posted May 15, 2007 - 05:13 AM

I have the BD on my XR600. They had taken some major spills and are still looking and working like new.....

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.