XR650R year changes?

3 replies to this topic
  • hondacrf150f1

Posted May 13, 2007 - 05:51 PM

ok i thought they changed from the All Red seat, to the Red And Black seat in 2002. Is that true? I wanta look for one with the Red & Black cause it just looks awsome. Any other mods poeple can tell me about besides graphics?

• pgiinc

Posted May 13, 2007 - 07:27 PM

true 2002 for black and red set

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Billahjack

Posted May 13, 2007 - 07:38 PM

2000/2001 have an older style clutch bushing and countershaft seal. Both are cheap parts to replace. Other than that, I think they are all the same mechanically.

California bikes are different from the rest due to emissoins. The carburetor ID# is PE78B for a California bike and PE78A for a non-California bike. I don't think you can notice a difference after uncorking the bike.

• XR680RR

Posted May 13, 2007 - 08:16 PM

2002 1/2 and some 2003 have a thicker right side case half. Honda was tring to reduce engine noise. 2005 on some if not all have smaller compression valve port holes in the forks. I have seen different shims and washers in the fork valve setups but, they don't seen to be nailed done to one year. Little things that make little difference.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.