2007 YZ450F Jardine RT5 Exhaust Ride Report

3 replies to this topic
  • DesertRacer2

Posted May 13, 2007 - 03:39 PM

I purchased a Jardine RT5 Exhaust system this past week and got to try it out this weekend. It bolted up with little effort and looks great(I will try and get a picture posted later this week)>

When I first started the bike up after installation I was pleasantly surprised. It was louder then stock but not as bad as I thought it would be. This system really wakes the bike up. It doesn't add that much to the bottom, however, the bike pulls a lot harder in the midrange and on top. My brother has the same bike as I do and after he rode it all he could say was "wow"!

I contacted ZipTy for their recommendation on Jetting where I ride (Lucerne Valley, CA about 3000ft above sea level). Their recommendations are as follows:

Main: 168
Pilot: 48
Needle: Stock
Clip Position: Stock
Leak: Stock

With this jetting and this exhaust, the bike ran better then it ever has. I am very happy with the power and the fact it has a spark arrestor. I purchased it for $509 at afterburnermx.com which isn't that bad for the muffler and the head pipe IMO.

• dirtking

Posted May 13, 2007 - 04:24 PM

Sounds like a great purchase!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MaxPower

Posted May 13, 2007 - 06:11 PM

[COLOR="Green"]is it 500 dollars better?[/COLOR]

• DesertRacer2

Posted May 13, 2007 - 07:03 PM

For me, it was totally worth it. I got a lot more power, a cleaner running bike, and a spark arrestor.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.