clarke tank and seat

3 replies to this topic
  • mdek

Posted February 07, 2002 - 05:15 PM

I just installed my new clarke 3.3 gal tank and seat. It seems like a pretty good fit although the seat has wrinkles in after being put on the bike. Did anyone else have the same thing happen? also did you install the rubber gasket that came with the tank (for the petcock) as well as leaving the o ring in the petcock base in its place? One more thing, who added a second petcock or just kept the one? sorry for the double post boys and girls (itchy trigger finger)

Thanks

Mark

[ February 07, 2002: Message edited by: mdek ]

• Taffy

Posted February 07, 2002 - 11:58 PM

i had the clark tank and the IMS seat.

i had one slight ripple but i daren't mention it in the showers with the rest of the lads you know!! (does my bum look big in this?)

the tank is great. i used ring and gasket i think.

Taffy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mdek

Posted February 08, 2002 - 03:41 AM

thanks Taffy

• SoCalWR426

Posted February 08, 2002 - 06:13 AM

mdek,
As I recall, the (extra) flat gasket is in case you decide to use the kick starter side for your petcock (pet-cock?) hmm somthing don't sound right>. Anyway, that gasket is for the flat block-off plate that bolts up to the pre-drilled holes for stock unit. I just ran orig O-ring. Directions had a template for this block-off..Hope this helped.

SoCal

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.