Update on 07 WR450f Carb Access

5 replies to this topic
  • Cliffy07WR450

Posted May 13, 2007 - 02:24 AM

:applause:
Hi, just wondering wether anyone has agreeded on an easy way to access the carbs on these bikes for jetting. There was lots of different ways suggested but no one seemed to agree on the best procedure.(not that I could find anyway)
I heard one about just unbolting the bottom of the subframe and lifting it up?? Cheers..........Clinton

• Linc007

Posted May 13, 2007 - 07:04 PM

So far ,it's unbolt the bottom sub frame bolts and exhaust,tip it up out of the way,then unbolt the shock and swing it out of the way.A bit of a pain,,,,,

Linc

• TeamScream

Posted May 13, 2007 - 10:14 PM

So far ,it's unbolt the bottom sub frame bolts and exhaust,tip it up out of the way,then unbolt the shock and swing it out of the way.A bit of a pain,,,,,

Linc

Ya think? thats a nightmare...not a bit of a pain

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • whooptop

Posted May 13, 2007 - 10:22 PM

Access to the needle, main and pilot jets is quite easy

Needle, remove seat and tank, remove top engine mount undo two screws on top of carby remove it one more allen screw to go your needle is under it.

Main and pilot jets, undo clamps twist carby,remove large nut on bottom of carby,remove front chain guard which will give you just enough room to do the job.

• Cliffy07WR450

Posted May 14, 2007 - 01:26 AM

Sounds good to me, now I just got to source some jetting specs off the dealers to suit my FMF powercore 4 (every dealer tells you something different). Thanks for your input muchly appreciated.
Cheers.........Clinton.:applause: :applause:

• msgbean

Posted May 14, 2007 - 08:16 AM

Ya think? thats a nightmare...not a bit of a pain

It is a pain but I did it once and after over 800 miles I've never had to change anything. Once you get it right most people wont have to go back.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.