Gutz racing tall soft comfort vs E.E. tall soft

14 replies to this topic
  • mstout

Posted May 12, 2007 - 02:38 PM

Any feedback out there on The Guts Racing Tall soft comfort seat vs. the E.E. tall soft seat for an 07' 525exc. I 'm 6'5" 245# and looking to compare these two items. Any information such as fit/fair to the bike and seat dimensions, durability and comfort along with pricing would be greatly appreciated. p.s. Is the top of the seats the same width or one narrower.

• tomcanfixit

Posted May 12, 2007 - 02:45 PM

Any feedback out there on The Gutz Racing Tall soft comfort seat vs. the E.E. tall soft seat for an 07' 525exc. I 'm 6'5" 245# and looking to compare these two items. Any information such as fit/fair to the bike and seat dimensions, durability and comfort along with pricing would be greatly appreciated. p.s. Is the top of the seats the same width or one narrower.

I have the gutts tall soft and I love it... I dont know about the ee seat as I dont have one... I might say if the gutts was just a little wider it would be perfect... keep in mind that it is great as it is ... im just saying if it was wider i might like it better and i might not... did I say its comfortable it makes it easyer to get from siting to standing put some taller bars or bar risers on and its nice... I have the scotts under bar mount which raises the bars up an inch or so ... Tom

• Red_Barney

Posted May 12, 2007 - 02:56 PM

Any feedback out there on The Gutz Racing Tall soft comfort seat vs. the E.E. tall soft seat for an 07' 525exc. I 'm 6'5" 245# and looking to compare these two items. Any information such as fit/fair to the bike and seat dimensions, durability and comfort along with pricing would be greatly appreciated. p.s. Is the top of the seats the same width or one narrower.

I have a GUTS tall firm on my YZ250 and LOVE IT

• Toast

Posted May 12, 2007 - 11:01 PM

Mstout,
I have EE seat on my EXC & the plastic base did cut the cover on the bottom edge. I'm about 230 lbs. The edges were pretty sharp though. I sent it back to them & they took the sharp edges off the base & replaced the cover & shipped it back for the price of the cover, $45. That was at 35 hrs. The seat is much better than stock. The seat was about $100 new.

I also have the Guts Racing seat foam on a 230 & it is feels more comfy than even the EE seat.

If I had it to do over again I'd give the Guts Racing seat a try on my EXC.

:applause:

• mstout

Posted May 13, 2007 - 01:02 AM

Good info, thanks

• superslyko

Posted May 13, 2007 - 09:03 PM

:p I'm also 6'5" and have the Guts tall medium foam. I love it. These guys stand behind their product too.

I had a seam split after 2 weeks of putting it on. Took it back, and they put an entire new cover on, HEAVY DUTY = much thicker, free of charge.

I'm big, ride hard, and crash alot! :applause: Somebody that stands behind their product is hard to find today. :p

A big seat was a great investment! I'd do it again in a heartbeat. :applause:

• ucan1970

Posted May 14, 2007 - 03:51 PM

I ordered the guts soft, but when it came in i found it was no softer than my original KTM seat. So i returned it and ordered the EE soft. Much better!! The EE has my vote..

• motothumper11407

Posted July 11, 2007 - 06:20 PM

what does the ee satand for

• tomcanfixit

Posted July 11, 2007 - 08:40 PM

what does the ee satand for

Enduro Enginering

• motothumper11407

Posted July 12, 2007 - 04:04 AM

well see im 6 ft 1 or 6 ft 2 (or something like that) and im looing to get a tall seat foam. my question is can you feel a diffrence in the height of the bike when your sitting flat footed and when your riding, and is it worth the buy? can u still reach the ground?

• Chickenboy369

Posted July 12, 2007 - 04:54 AM

I just got the Guts Tall Medium foam for my '05 525 EXC. I love it I can really tell a difference. I'm 6'2" and my knees are shot. With the stock seat I had trouble going from seated to standing after an hour or so. Now it's no problem. It feels a little strange at first, being perched up on top of the bike. After about the first 10-15 minutes I didn't even notice it.
I wouldn't ride without it now.

• Orange Mtn Goat

Posted July 12, 2007 - 07:24 AM

I have both the Guts Regular Comfort seat and the EE Tall Soft seat. I like them both but find myself prefering the EE for it's height. I'm not sure about the tall Guts but the regular Guts comfort seat is wider than most seats and makes it a little easier on the tailbone. The Tall EE Soft is perfect for my height (6"2") and makes it a lot easier on my knees when standing up and sitting down all day.

If the Tall Guts Comfort is as wide as the regular Guts Comfort then I would say go for that one.

• owa_owa

Posted July 12, 2007 - 09:20 AM

i have the Gutts seat and have been very happy with it... i've tried the EE seat but prefer the Gutts. I'm 6'1" and weigh about 210 w/o gear.

Hope this helps.

cheers

• tomcanfixit

Posted July 12, 2007 - 09:22 AM

well see im 6 ft 1 or 6 ft 2 (or something like that) and im looing to get a tall seat foam. my question is can you feel a diffrence in the height of the bike when your sitting flat footed and when your riding, and is it worth the buy? can u still reach the ground?

I'm 6 foot 1 and have the tall soft and yes you can feel the difference in height it is taller... it makes going from siting to standing much easier so when i get tired i find I'm riding better because i can stand up quickly when needed it will take a little getting used to at first but i think you'll love it... the only draw back might be when you get in the really slow rocky stuff where you have to foot dab allot you might find the added height might be a little more difficult to deal with... but you can always put the stock seat back on for such situations... Tom

• buzzgrizz

Posted July 12, 2007 - 10:51 AM

i have the guts tall seat and like it alot:thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.