New Assembley Lube by Redline

3 replies to this topic
  • Yamahafan

Posted May 11, 2007 - 06:36 AM

Redline claims "three times greater film strength than conventional black Molybdenum Disulfide greases and will not clog oil filters. "

Redline's WaterWetter is supposed to work very well, so this new product may have merit. I use the black assembley lube on the axles, swingarm bolt and the bolts in the linkage and shock assembly.

"Designed to be used a lubricant to apply to potential wear surfaces before assembly in order to prevent metal contact upon startup before adequate lubrication is supplied. Provides three times greater film strength than conventional black Molybdenum Disulfide greases and will not clog oil filters. This product clings to all surfaces and is an excellent rust inhibitor, allowing the storage of parts for years. A thin film of protection is all that is required on mating parts. Red Line Assembly Lube will mix with our motor oil and can be used on all lubricated parts such as cams, followers, pistons, and bearings, and bolt threads. Use only a small amount on bearing and piston surfaces - too much can make it difficult to turn over the engine. Red Line Assembly Lube is an excellent corrosion inhibitor and can be used on machined surfaces to provide long-term corrosion protection. Do not use on exhaust bolts or other high temperature bolts which require an anti-seize. "

Link to technical data:

Any thoughts from the technical gurus????

• HappyG

Posted May 11, 2007 - 10:30 PM

im just wondering? is assembly lube a good option to lube "axles, swingarm bolt and the bolts in the linkage and shock assembly"
i have never heard that done. i usually use a good waterproof grease.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BergArabia

Posted May 12, 2007 - 05:34 AM

I don't know anything about assembly lube but I use Redline oil in my transmission of my 4x4 truck and it does a great job there. It keeps the temp down nicely.
Just saying that I have had a good experience with Redline products.

• HappyG

Posted May 13, 2007 - 12:11 AM

absolutely, all redline products that i have used are excellent in their intended use, but i believe that "assembly lube" is usually used to assemble internal engine parts like "bearing" surfaces, lifters, cams etc. not really bearings like are used in swingarms, linkages and steering heads.
at least thats how i always used assembly lube.
correct me if i am wrong, as i would love to learn something new.

Related Content

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.