stealth adjustment screw question

3 replies to this topic
  • runester

Posted May 10, 2007 - 04:41 PM

Hey all...O.K. after pulling the carb a dozen or more times and switching everything out (see my earlier post) I finally found it was the stealth fuelpump cover that was causing the DEATH of my new baby...however, I have a question about the adjustment screw I got in BUT it runs best at 1/4 turn out!!!! Is this right!!??!!??I am new to these screws and they are #d 1-4 is it normal for a quarter turn on these to equal 2 turns on the stock screw? Here are some photos...does the stealth screw seem narrow??it is a bit hard to see in the picture but up close it looks WAY tapered compared to stock. Is this O.K.,normal? There is NO MENTION of it in the instructions.

Everyone I want you to know I come seeking info w/humility I know NOTHING about these four strokes but really want to know as much as I can digest. Of course carb work can be a hassle and these carbs have alot of parts and a completely different architecture than I am accustom to.
As I write I am back to the stock fuel pump cover... replaced the 45 pilot w/a48
and the 60 main w/a68 and the stealth fuel screw is at 1/4 turn out but stock was at 2 turns out for the same behavior.
Please chime in if there is ANYTHING I should know...
Here are some photos of the screws etc.PICT1945.jpg

• runester

Posted May 10, 2007 - 04:42 PM

Whoops grabbed one of the old lady by accident...
Just ignore that one...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CaptainKnobby

Posted May 10, 2007 - 05:33 PM

Depending on the tempature outside and the elevation you ride in depends on the # of turns you go in or out on the fuel screw. On these four strokes you just about have to adjust the fuel screw as the tempature rises or declines. I found on my yz450f at temps from 30 to 60 degrees it runs best with the screw turned out 3 turns and 2 1/2 turns out when the temp is from 60-70 and this past weekend when it got 82 degrees here I went 2 turns out and it ran perfect. Hope this helps you.

• HappyG

Posted May 10, 2007 - 08:44 PM

i guess the tolerances on the stealth screws are not that great. mine was noticably fatter, so required almost a full turn more than my stock one. my freinds one was thinner than the one i had, but still bigger than his stock one.

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.