300 miles into my xr couple(more like 5) of ?

2 replies to this topic
  • black in RI

Posted May 10, 2007 - 10:30 AM

i have tarded xr650 , 2000 with 17" wheels

- Riding and steering... how upright do you have to be?
i find that if I get sloppy or relax too much that when i turn i find myself turning the bar vs pushing onthe bar which makes the front wheel real light.
is there a way to make the bars lower? or i should nto bother? and just learn to be more upright?

- This thing has torque. when i roll on the throttle it isnt very smooth though.. i find that rolling the throttle that power comes on harshly. Anyway to smooth that out? or do i just get used to that? anythgin i should check that can help?? throttel play... cables lubed etc. new carb? play with jetting ( no idea what is inthere now( not a jetting expert))

also after 300 miles. the quills are gone on the rear tire but are still brand new on the front tire??( may be suspension related? )

- is ti running rich.?.. when i decelerate .. i hear pop./ backfire i turn the idle lower, it helps but not too much

- i asked htis before.. want to make sure.. sometimes the turnsignals work sometimes they dont ( seems to be related to how fast i'm going or how much the stator is putting out.) will rewind of the stator alleviate i'd like to depend on my turn signals expecially with RI riders.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XRR-kat

Posted May 10, 2007 - 11:58 AM

Just a guess, but have you adjusted your gearing for the smaller wheels?
I'm an XRR Dual Sporter with aspirations of motarding my BRP, and I've already gone to 15/45 gearing for mostly street riding.

I've read of motarders (?) going to 15/42 and taller gearing. Stock gearing -14/48 would be very abrupt with 17" wheels.

• lazybones51

Posted May 10, 2007 - 12:07 PM

poping on Decel normly indicates a lean pilot jet

Related Content

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.