05 Wr450 Heat Problem??

7 replies to this topic
  • Kaleb

Posted May 10, 2007 - 09:33 AM

I just came to this bike from a DRZ400S which ran very cool. I never felt the heat from the pipe or radiators. My new WR has an IMS tank with the stock radiator shrouds and it has radiator covers on it.

The first thing I noticed was that it felt HOT! I am used to not feeling any heat from the bike at all and now I am worried that this might be a problem.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal? There is fluid in the overflow container for the radiator but it was in there when I bought it. I know the new KTM's run hot...is that so for the WR as well?

• SJMC_DON

Posted May 10, 2007 - 10:12 AM

I just came to this bike from a DRZ400S which ran very cool. I never felt the heat from the pipe or radiators. My new WR has an IMS tank with the stock radiator shrouds and it has radiator covers on it.

The first thing I noticed was that it felt HOT! I am used to not feeling any heat from the bike at all and now I am worried that this might be a problem.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal? There is fluid in the overflow container for the radiator but it was in there when I bought it. I know the new KTM's run hot...is that so for the WR as well?

Yes they run hot especially in technical slow riding conditions.

Did your DRZ have a cooling fan?

• WR450RICKO

Posted May 10, 2007 - 12:16 PM

Make sure your jetting is right. Mine ran much cooler after I did the mods.

• drtbk4ever

Posted May 11, 2007 - 07:10 AM

Make sure your jetting is right. Mine ran much cooler after I did the mods.

Proper jetting will help, but the WR still puts out a lot of heat.

I strongly recommend that you never take one for a ride wearing shorts. :applause: Although you may never have to shave your legs again after that. :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • muddyken

Posted May 11, 2007 - 02:48 PM

drz400s comes with cooling fan as standard so will run cooler. your wr will get hot and this is normal. if it gets to hot the radiator cap opens to relieve pressure through the overflow to the expansion bottle.
have i been misinformed or can you put a larger % of coolent in say 75/25 coolent/water to help keep things abit cooler if the bike is used for a lot of slow riding???????????????? can any one confirm

• WR450RICKO

Posted May 11, 2007 - 02:50 PM

Proper jetting will help, but the WR still puts out a lot of heat.

I strongly recommend that you never take one for a ride wearing shorts. :applause: Although you may never have to shave your legs again after that. :applause:

I mainly ride in shorts and have not had any heat issues.

• muddyken

Posted May 11, 2007 - 03:04 PM

I mainly ride in shorts and have not had any heat issues.

YOU RIDE IN SHORTS...... OUCH .....::applause: DOES`NT IT HURT WHEN YOU FALL OFF

• Kaleb

Posted May 12, 2007 - 09:17 AM

Yep...it did

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.