Stock Bridgestones are growing on me

7 replies to this topic
  • Bibleman

Posted May 09, 2007 - 06:03 PM

I must say my first impressions with my stock Bridgestones was not too good. A little dirt riding caused a major pucker factor:eek: But I must say, they seem to stick like glue to the road. I've done some serious cornering without the slightest hint of slippage. If it's a choice between cracking up in the dirt or on the street I'd rather go down in the dirt. Maybe I should stick with them:excuseme: .

• Motosprtman

Posted May 10, 2007 - 05:27 AM

I must say my first impressions with my stock Bridgestones was not too good. A little dirt riding caused a major pucker factor:eek: But I must say, they seem to stick like glue to the road. I've done some serious cornering without the slightest hint of slippage. If it's a choice between cracking up in the dirt or on the street I'd rather go down in the dirt. Maybe I should stick with them:excuseme: .

They are not bad at all on the street, but in the dirt and especially in muddy conditions they are really bad. I like the Dunlops 606's great offroad - but they sing pretty good on the street. I have had em on for maybe 200 miles now and they show little sign of wear.

• bigtooth

Posted May 10, 2007 - 05:36 AM

I'm not meaning to high-jack this thread, but is bridgestone the tires that honda always uses on their bikes. I bought a 2003 650r this spring and am trying to get an idea of how many miles were on it when I got it. So I was wondering what fornt tire it might have come with from the dealer?

I dont know what the bridgestones are like that you have, but I have always found the front tire to be way more important then the rear tire when it comes to muddy situations.

• rebelventurer

Posted May 10, 2007 - 05:46 AM

Dude, your brainwashing yourself!~ Or your serious cornering is actually in slow motion. N.O.I. The stock tires Suck period. You will realize this once you change them!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jbird710

Posted May 10, 2007 - 05:53 AM

I'm not meaning to high-jack this thread, but is bridgestone the tires that honda always uses on their bikes. I bought a 2003 650r this spring and am trying to get an idea of how many miles were on it when I got it. So I was wondering what fornt tire it might have come with from the dealer?

No; my neighbor and I both bought '06 XR650Ls from different dealers. His came with Dunlops and he didn't ask them to put Dunlops on; that's the way the bike came. Mine came with Bridgestones.

My '06 XR650R came with a Dunlop 739 FA on the front and a Dunlop 695 on the rear.

• Bibleman

Posted May 10, 2007 - 05:08 PM

Dude, your brainwashing yourself!

Ha! Maybe I am. :applause:

• GIANTac1

Posted May 10, 2007 - 06:19 PM

I didnt mind my stock "deathwings". They lasted 1500 or so miles with some aggro dirt riding mixed in and they worked.....:applause: I am now on my 2nd D606 and probably wont switch until the terra flex bug bites me.

• Muddin

Posted May 11, 2007 - 04:52 PM

My 06 xr650l came with the Bridgestone on it from factory too. 8000km later I'm on my 2nd front tire and 4th rear. Tried Maxxis 6006 not bad , Kenda 270 good ware but loud and squirly on the corners. Just put Kenda 761's front and rear super on pavement and not bad on hard pack dirt.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.