Yamaha GYTR™ Two Stage Foam Air Filter

This is my first time using a two stage filter. I am about to clean this filter for the first time and I was curious if those of you that have used a two stage filter, apply filter oil to only the outer layer or to both layers?

What both men have posted and be sure you squeeze the excess oil out and, allow the filter oil to set up before you start the bike. Also, do not wring the filter when cleaning or getting the excess oil out. Simply squeeze the foam well, wringing it will stretch the foam material and possibly tear it.

Bill

What both men have posted and be sure you squeeze the excess oil out and, allow the filter oil to set up before you start the bike. Also, do not wring the filter when cleaning or getting the excess oil out. Simply squeeze the foam well, wringing it will stretch the foam material and possibly tear it.

Bill

good point on the squeezing and not wringing. easy mistake to make :applause:

And also I might add!........ :applause: I found out that after you have oiled your filter up adn thought you squeezed out all the excess adn laid it up to dry,be sure to take a look at the rim of the filter where the foam actually stops and the seal starts. I have found when the filter is put up after you have oiled it the time it has spent sitting in the same spot the oil drains down to the seal and you may have to squeeze it one more time. Just thought I might add that so every one can check so you dont gum up your air breather boot:thumbsup: