Does a comfortable seat exist?

20 replies to this topic
  • commando

Posted May 09, 2007 - 12:18 PM

My bro-in-law says his butt still hurts from a ride we did 3 weeks ago. It was his first ride on his '05 WR450f.

Any chance there is a cushy gel seat, or an oversized foam seat that would shut his whining up about a sore butt?

Links would be nice. Thanks... Stores in utah/idaho for local pickup? or online stores to order and ship, whatever you find.

• jbrooks26

Posted May 09, 2007 - 12:45 PM

Yes there are comfortable seats out there. Guts racing is one of the favorites around here, but you would know that if you tried a search. There are literally hundreds of threads out there on this exact subject. I am not trying to be an a$$, but it is obvious that you didn't even try before posting this. Sorry.

• commando

Posted May 09, 2007 - 12:48 PM

Guts it is then...

• madroberts07

Posted May 09, 2007 - 01:10 PM

You can go to bajadesigns.com, I think they make a tall/soft seat foam kit

• commando

Posted May 09, 2007 - 01:14 PM

Just ordered the GUTS tall/soft seat... said it was shipping tomorrow. I'll post how it is after my first ride on it.

• MountainMax

Posted May 09, 2007 - 04:42 PM

baja designs sells the guts seat with their logo on them, I too bought a guts tall soft seat, love it, im sure you will too.

• MaxPower

Posted May 09, 2007 - 06:48 PM

Yes there are comfortable seats out there. Guts racing is one of the favorites around here, but you would know that if you tried a search. There are literally hundreds of threads out there on this exact subject. I am not trying to be an a$$, but it is obvious that you didn't even try before posting this. Sorry.

[COLOR="Green"]you should ask to be a moderator[/COLOR]

• jbrooks26

Posted May 10, 2007 - 04:07 AM

[COLOR="Green"]you should ask to be a moderator[/COLOR]

I don't know what got into me, I am not usually the "Search Nazi" but for some reason I felt the need to tell him to search. I have no interest in being a mod, nor do I have the time it would take. Sorry, I will crawl back into my hole and just answer questions. Have a good one.:applause:

• MountainMax

Posted May 10, 2007 - 11:39 AM

you guys have to remember at times of need it seems that the SEARCH feature does not work, so try not to be too hard on him/us...........

• rheynard

Posted May 10, 2007 - 04:52 PM

Actually the guys at Baja Designs told me to go to Guts! Thats where they get their foam.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xrmarty

Posted May 10, 2007 - 07:53 PM

Geeze, someone is cranky... chill out bro:thumbsup: :applause:

• jbrooks26

Posted May 11, 2007 - 04:27 AM

Geeze, someone is cranky... chill out bro:thumbsup: :applause:

Yeah, I already admitted that. Even apologized for it I think. In my defense though, I didn't just tell him to search, I also answered his question. I admit the crankiness could have easily been omitted.

Hope you enjoy your seat, I personally think it was one of the best investments I made on my bike.

Josh

• MaxPower

Posted May 11, 2007 - 06:45 AM

[COLOR="Green"]the guy did apologize. 2x now. Now you are owed an apology[/COLOR]

Posted Image

• xrmarty

Posted May 11, 2007 - 07:07 AM

I stand corrected. You did apologize in the previous post.

• MaxPower

Posted May 11, 2007 - 07:44 AM

[COLOR="Green"]was that an apology or just a correction?[/COLOR]

• commando

Posted May 17, 2007 - 11:32 AM

I bought the Tall/Soft GUTS seat cover for my Bro-in-Law and he thinks it is truely a godsend. So, it looks like I am going to get me new soft seat cover for my DRZ... hope this is the end of monkey-butt!!!

• bbainutah

Posted May 17, 2007 - 07:05 PM

I noticed the tall/soft Guts seat reference, and at risk of sounding like the newbee that I am, is it actually taller than stock? I ask because I'm a short little bugger who would like a softer seat that is not taller.

• ADVnaut

Posted May 17, 2007 - 07:14 PM

Go to their site (Gutsracing), they have factory height with soft, medium, or hard foam available. You can but just the foam or a whole new seat.

• bbainutah

Posted May 17, 2007 - 08:59 PM

I'll check it out!!

• MaxPower

Posted May 18, 2007 - 05:26 PM

[COLOR="Green"]my 04 isnt a small bike. Im 6 ft but does the tall seat make life any tougher to deal with? What is the next option next to a seat with tall soft foam? I have to do something with my seat.especially dual sporting my bike[/COLOR]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.