450s to 350s??????? interesting thread

25 replies to this topic
  • Ranger18

Posted May 14, 2007 - 07:14 AM

I agree with GA426, they should quiet those SOB's down so fans can enjoy the racing. That would at least partially solve both problems.

I love the sound of the 450's... maybe I have a hearing problem, because they don't keep me from enjoying a race.

• The Italian Stallion

Posted May 14, 2007 - 03:14 PM

I love the sound of the 450's... maybe I have a hearing problem, because they don't keep me from enjoying a race.

The niose don't bother me either how many peaple jam the stadiums to see the monster trucks and tracter pulls? those things are friggin loud.And what about rock concerts? What is the issue here? peaple that go to these events know it is going to be loud! Who is complaining? I can can see a sound issue outdoors.But why the hell they are they sound checking indoors? And F..in around with displacment wiill not change a thing in the pecking order of the current pros. Sure you can argue that us mortals might have better lap times on a 250f or a 250 2 stroke but will still have that option anyway? And you cannot use the old 250 vs 500 analogy I 'll asure you my 06yz450 is waaay easy to ride than my 85cr500!

• DPW

Posted May 14, 2007 - 03:55 PM

The niose don't bother me either how many peaple jam the stadiums to see the monster trucks and tracter pulls? those things are friggin loud.And what about rock concerts? What is the issue here? peaple that go to these events know it is going to be loud! Who is complaining? I can can see a sound issue outdoors.But why the hell they are they sound checking indoors?

They need to make these bikes quieter..period end of freaking story. To many local tracks have closed down due to the noise of the four strokes.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The Italian Stallion

Posted May 14, 2007 - 04:48 PM

They need to make these bikes quieter..period end of freaking story. To many local tracks have closed down due to the noise of the four strokes.

I agree with you bro But in the circuss arena it should be a liittle more looser.I am a victom of the 4 stroke noise myself. I have 30 acres of land with natural rolling hills that I built a dandy track on with a d4 cat . Me and my friends enjoyed many years of riding on it .till we all got 4 strokes one year and it was all over. The township past a noise bylaw in just weeks now I can get a fine if iI ride on my own land! this is why I moved to the sticks to begin with ! and my closest neibors are 2000 yards away! and they are not even human! The sound of the 4 str travels Its the deep base of the sound not the db If you made these things 80 db the complaint would be the same and the bike would loose to much power face it we are screwed. Hey I love the feel of the 450 But I could have lived happier ever after on a yz250 the manufacturers did not think this threw.Anyway my point was at a racing event.the db rules should be more lax lGo to a speedway raceing that has been around for ...well a very long time and dirt track that is loud do you see a fat guy holding a micraphone to ther tailpipes?

• racerxx276

Posted May 14, 2007 - 05:57 PM

I sent a letter to the AMA asking them where the 350cc number came from and also that what 20 guys ride in a supercross event shouldn't affect what the rest of us ride for fun. Cut down the db levels first! I also sent the big 4 an e-mail stating that I wouldn't buy a 350cc 4 stroke if they made one...

my 2 cents

• yz_for_me

Posted May 15, 2007 - 11:15 PM

Exactly. I love the sound of them too. But I love being able to ride them even more.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.