Possibly the stupidest lighting question ever

4 replies to this topic
  • antigrav

Posted May 08, 2007 - 07:57 PM

Is there a switch to turn on the front light of a WR 450?

I broke the bike in last week and never noticed the front light being on, but I did notice the rear light on as soon as ignition button is pushed.... So now I installed my dual sport kit, (I have not touched any stock wiring except to attach a lead for the brake light) so I run the dual sport kit and blinkers, tail light and brake light work fine..
So then I start the bike so I can see the head light go on (as if I'm at my lighting cert test) and no head light.... I have not touched any wiring for the headlight... so I tested the leads to the head light and I don't get any power showing on my cheap 12v continuity tester.....
So I have never seen the front light on the WR and this is my first Enduro and I thought the front light goes when you start it...

Last if I run off just the battery I can make it work fine, but I don't want to run DC since I don't think the charging will handle a headlight on for very long.

any help is appreciated..

• RC81

Posted May 08, 2007 - 10:25 PM

Light is supposed to come on when bike is started only. Not sure where your problem lies.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • NavyNuke

Posted May 09, 2007 - 12:31 AM

bike is wired to run the headlight off AC which is only put out when the bike is running

• WR_Dave

Posted May 09, 2007 - 04:54 AM

I installed a switch in the headlight circuit on my bike so I can shut it off. Maybe your bulb is blown , they don't come with a switch anymore. WR Dave.

• antigrav

Posted May 09, 2007 - 05:18 AM

Thanks for the answers, that is what I needed to know. Bulb works fine when I hook it up to DC, looks like I will check the wiring going to the headlight from the A/C magneto and follow the electric schematics in the Manual.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.