kinda scary and i like it. xr600r

4 replies to this topic
  • timothypg

Posted May 08, 2007 - 05:41 PM

After doing the top end last winter i finally have 100 or so miles on the break in and this thing rocks. 86 xr600r. It smoked like a mofo at first when i started it but that is gone now. 628,sleeve, 10.5:1, barnums mid cam, valves, springs (shimed), seats re-cut, ceramic head pipe, re-jet. still need to play w/needles and that should give me even more power. It starts much easier which surprised me. cruising at 50-55 mph in 4th i can get the front end to come up a little bit w/ no clutch. very fun:ride:

• butcharin

Posted May 09, 2007 - 06:18 AM

Have fun with all that power. :applause: When my 85 starts to give me trouble I have to upgrade it like you did. :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mishke

Posted May 09, 2007 - 09:20 AM

scary is probably a good thing-fear of the machine has kept me out of trouble on an 87 xr600!i think dirty harry once said it best "a man's got to know his limitations",or something like that:thumbsup:

• TEETBOYSDAD

Posted May 21, 2007 - 07:16 PM

I have owned multiple honda mx bikes including an 87 xr600, raced alot when I was younger, now Not racing and can only afford one bike. I choose xr600 hands down all around fun bike. reliable.

• Firelyle

Posted May 22, 2007 - 12:55 PM

:)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.