Frame Guards wanted for 06 WR450

9 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted May 08, 2007 - 04:47 PM

Does anyone make any? all i can seem to find are yz ones made for aluminum frames, anyone know? i have the paint wore off my frame now and it's showing some signs of surface rust, YUK.

• spick

Posted May 09, 2007 - 04:30 AM

Have you seen these?

They're Works Connections frame guards and are available for the 06 steel frame. I'm thinking I need a set too.

• Baja Dave

Posted May 09, 2007 - 06:23 AM

Mountain Max, I have those Works Connections ones on my 06; paint was wearing through as well so sanded the rust off, cleared it, then installed the guards (Christmas present from my wife, is that awesome or what?); they are a breeze to install and protect the lower part of the frame anyway...

PS I think you and I are in the same boat- bikes and sleds baby!

• WR450RICKO

Posted May 09, 2007 - 03:59 PM

I've got GYTR on my 06' since new
No problems

• MountainMax

Posted May 09, 2007 - 04:24 PM

thanks guys, hey ricko what is the part number on the GYTR ones and do you have a pic ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR450RICKO

Posted May 09, 2007 - 08:43 PM

thanks guys, hey ricko what is the part number on the GYTR ones and do you have a pic ?

I don't have the part numbers but I bought mine online from parkeryamaha.com. Do a search for frame guards. Click on Yamaha and scroll down to your bike. 05' will fit on the 06'

• MountainMax

Posted May 10, 2007 - 11:38 AM

i found a set on ebay with a different number system then the ones from works connection, but both look right and say they are for an 05wr on ebay, and mine is an 06, wanted to make sure im gettting the right ones.

• Ramcc4x4

Posted May 11, 2007 - 04:16 PM

Here are pics of the Works Connection frame guards on my 06 WR450:

http://i21.photobuck...frameguards.jpg

http://i21.photobuck...frameguards.jpg

• gdm

Posted May 11, 2007 - 05:39 PM

Check out the Devol frame guards. They provide a lot more coverage than the Works Connection guards. I have them on my 2005 WR and I have no complaints. :applause:

• MountainMax

Posted May 12, 2007 - 02:42 AM

Thanks for the pics, do you you have any pics of the devol ones installed?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.