00 wr400 TDC???

3 replies to this topic
  • tHEIF_oF_dREAMS

Posted February 06, 2002 - 03:58 PM

New to this forum and to my wr. After atempting to adjust the valves, Iam confused on what is top dead center, My book explains as align the "l" marks by rotating ccw, I see to "l" marks each by a "H" mark. Is there another way to tell? Any help please..... Thanks

• tHEIF_oF_dREAMS

Posted February 06, 2002 - 04:24 PM

Hello out there......
please help....
must goto the dunes friday am!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • skthom2320

Posted February 06, 2002 - 05:09 PM

You want the "I" not the "H." The lobes of the cams should be facing outwards. If not turn it over until the lobes are out and you are lined up with the "I." Also, you will see the punch marks on the cam wheels lined up with the edge of the head.

Click here for a little more detail ==> valve adjustment procedure

Good luck,

Steve T

• tHEIF_oF_dREAMS

Posted February 06, 2002 - 06:51 PM

Thanks Steve for helping me out with that. I do know better than to just barge in and ask for help when I should be doing my forum reading. thanks again for your response.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.