Replace the Carburator

11 replies to this topic
  • bandit99

Posted May 08, 2007 - 12:41 PM

Has anyone had a Carb go bad on the WR450?

• wes_scooter

Posted May 08, 2007 - 02:05 PM

what do you mean my carb going bad....more info please

• MaxPower

Posted May 08, 2007 - 02:12 PM

[COLOR="Green"]check your experation date[/COLOR]

• bandit99

Posted May 08, 2007 - 02:35 PM

I have heard that seals in the Carb can go bad and cause circuits to mesh that shouldn't. I have an extremely rich condition at idle with stock jetting on a WR450.

• rheynard

Posted May 08, 2007 - 03:06 PM

I also thought my carb was bad, thinking my bike was lean. Yea right, after the 5th time pulling that nightmare out of the bike I figured out I was too rich. So my point is you may think your rich and maybe your lean, or your rich and you thought you were lean. Or maybe you are rich and just dont care to mess with the damm thing anymore and just want to buy another (now this I can relate too, at least the "mess with" part).

LOL kidding aside I have never seen or heard of a bad carb in my 30 plus years of riding. GL

• bandit99

Posted May 08, 2007 - 03:15 PM

Actually, it was on the dyno and there is a rich condition at idle that can't seem to be fixed.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MxnDoc

Posted May 08, 2007 - 04:39 PM

Did you check to see if your pilot air jet is partially clogged?

• snakesausage

Posted May 08, 2007 - 06:47 PM

Has anyone had a Carb go bad on the WR450?

I have heard that seals in the Carb can go bad and cause circuits to mesh that shouldn't. I have an extremely rich condition at idle with stock jetting on a WR450.

Read this thread, the issue could be associated with your ACV circuit:
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=351134

• LoopyJones82

Posted May 08, 2007 - 07:38 PM

[COLOR="Green"]check your experation date[/COLOR]

:applause: actually made me laugh...

• bandit99

Posted May 09, 2007 - 07:26 AM

Where is the ACV circuit on the carb?

• drtbk4ever

Posted May 09, 2007 - 10:33 AM

Do a search or read the manual.

• snakesausage

Posted May 09, 2007 - 08:11 PM

It is on the left side of the carburetor just below choke knob and toward the rear of the bike. It is a cover about the size of a quarter held on by two phillips screws. Those two screws also hold a bracket that the crank case vent tube passes through. Remove the cover carefully and make a mental note of the diaphragm and spring position. Clean the circuit by throughly blowing compressed air into the holes on the carburetor and reassemble. The diaphragm is very tricky to reinstall because the lip tends to slip out of the grove so line everything up and press the cover onto the carburetor tightly with one hand and start the screws with the other.

Snake

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.