COPS hauled me over today :(

25 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted May 08, 2007 - 12:14 PM

LOL, nothing serius but they said they could not see my turn signals when i made a turn, I have the flush mount LED's, I need new ones for the back, can anyone suggest some non led flush mount lights i can mount in the back??

Posted Image

• bandit99

Posted May 08, 2007 - 12:42 PM

Did you get a ticket?

• ADVnaut

Posted May 08, 2007 - 01:04 PM

If it was me, I would get some plastic wedge stock and epoxy the lights back in the same spot but turned out. With a little patience, I bet you could trim it and make it look like it is supposed to be that way. You might try a horseshoeing supply. I don't have any pads that are that steep, but I know folks with gaited horses do some crazy stuff and there is some really steep pad stock available. I am a proponent of Southern Engineering and not necessarily the most sensible approach to things though.

Just my .02

• MSHAM

Posted May 08, 2007 - 01:38 PM

Is that the new BD rear fender setup? Gotta love BD!

• hotdog7

Posted May 08, 2007 - 02:25 PM

Just a joke but if it were me I would take 2 blinkers off a dual sport and bolt them to a old helmet and wire them up lol.:applause:

• rheynard

Posted May 08, 2007 - 02:58 PM

yep check out the Baja Designs Mini Stauk (sp??). They are a break away LED and they work great GL (oh did you ask them if they opened there eyes to see your signals?? :applause: )

• antigrav

Posted May 08, 2007 - 06:37 PM

My procycle kit came with those little triangle type of lights they seem fairly small and in obtrusive for he most part.

• Bamster

Posted May 09, 2007 - 03:15 AM

Ask your local dealer to show you what is available in the Motovan or Parts Canada cataloge or check their sites on line. Mine havn't worked for the past few seasons and I just use hand signals.

• byggd

Posted May 09, 2007 - 03:45 AM

Max, My BD kit came with amber tear drop flushmounts. They should bolt right up.

• spick

Posted May 09, 2007 - 04:22 AM

Max, do you use hand signals or rely on the turn signals only?

I ask because I don't have any signals on my bike and use hand signals all the time when riding the street. Haven't been pulled over yet... *knocks on wood

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MountainMax

Posted May 09, 2007 - 12:11 PM

The cop told me to use hand signals when someone is behind me until i get the signal lights in to replace them, I seen the flush BD ones but they sent me led ones and now they are useless, i just ordered some flush amber ones from royal distributing, hope to get them next week (2 day backorder and 3 days shipping)

• MountainMax

Posted May 22, 2007 - 06:32 PM

I got a new set of rear signal lights from royal Distributing, same shape and size as the led ones only they are orange with a clear bulb, they are way easier to see and i showed the to the cop tonight and he said it's all good now, guess he don't know about the 16" rule they have here suppose to be between the two signal lights :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Heat Pumper

Posted May 22, 2007 - 07:19 PM

I got a new set of rear signal lights from royal Distributing, same shape and size as the led ones only they are orange with a clear bulb, they are way easier to see and i showed the to the cop tonight and he said it's all good now, guess he don't know about the 16" rule they have here suppose to be between the two signal lights :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

What kind of rear tire is that, Is it street legal?

• MountainMax

Posted May 23, 2007 - 02:29 AM

Yup it's a DOT approved Kendra tire i got from royal distributing for 60 bux cad Posted Image

• gelean01

Posted May 23, 2007 - 05:37 PM

Hey about that tire, How is it for trails and sand?

• johunter666

Posted May 23, 2007 - 05:49 PM

Cop must have pulled you over to get a look at a real bike--Damn Honda owners! LOL!

• MountainMax

Posted May 24, 2007 - 02:39 AM

Yeah, i think they were just being Nosy, I love the tire so far in all conditions, and at that price I don't mind going through them, however I don't know how long it will last, there are other threads here on this tire and lots of others say they like them also, aparently they are like less then 30 bux in the US.

• 450high

Posted May 24, 2007 - 03:55 AM

Blinkers broken - watch for finger!

• RJB

Posted May 26, 2007 - 08:36 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Where did you get the licence plate holder from? I have a terrible one the dealer mounted here to get licenced, but its a right pain in the butt. Some nuts fell off yesterday on the ride, and had to limp back to car to take it off completely. Would like to replace it with the same as yours.

• windaddiction

Posted May 27, 2007 - 08:42 AM

Hey man sorry to hear that. Here's what i did . I got some basice turn signals that are about 3 inches wide. I moved them forward about 10 inches so the right one would not get burnt by the exhuast. You have to drill holes but oh well. They also won't be flat they will form a v but it doesnt look too bad. I'm out in BC and have had cops follow me all the time no prob! :) PM me if you want a pic

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.