Will YZ tank/shrouds fit on WR?

5 replies to this topic
  • leepic

Posted May 08, 2007 - 08:38 AM

Will a YZ450F tank and shrouds fit on a WR450?

• SteveWR450F

Posted May 08, 2007 - 08:45 AM

In most cases yes. Stick with the same year. I have a 04 WR and am using 04 YZF tank, shrounds and seat. Needed to cut under the seat a little bit to make room for the battery. Makes the bike a little slimmer to ride.

• xrmarty

Posted May 08, 2007 - 08:50 AM

What year? I don't know if all the years fit but the late models do. I just bought a tank from IMS which was listed for both YZ and WR. I had to buy the YZ shrouds. Everything bolted right on.

If your talking about a stock yz tank fitting on a wr read this:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=498619

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SJMC_DON

Posted May 08, 2007 - 09:12 AM

Not on an 04'..... One of the dumber things Yamaha ever did..

• leepic

Posted May 08, 2007 - 09:43 AM

It's an '04...
So, SteveWR450F says it fits, and SJMC_DON says it doesn't.
Which is it?
There's a few reasons why I'm asking about the YZ plastic fitting the WR. In a nutshell I'd like to fit the '03-'05 One Industries Hurricane kit for a YZ450F on to a WR450. I like the vintage Yamaha yellow w/ the "road" graphics. My current ride ('02 YZ250) has it and looks awesome! I also like the idea of a larger/black gas tank...

• SJMC_DON

Posted May 08, 2007 - 11:39 AM

It's an '04...
So, SteveWR450F says it fits, and SJMC_DON says it doesn't.
Which is it?
There's a few reasons why I'm asking about the YZ plastic fitting the WR. In a nutshell I'd like to fit the '03-'05 One Industries Hurricane kit for a YZ450F on to a WR450. I like the vintage Yamaha yellow w/ the "road" graphics. My current ride ('02 YZ250) has it and looks awesome! I also like the idea of a larger/black gas tank...

Steve is using a YZ seat and tank combo on his WR. The last year that the YZ and WR had interchangeable shrouds was 2000 or 2001 I think.

You can fit YZ graphics to a WR shroud but they require trimming and will not look that good especially if you are trying to cover everything entirely with the yellow hurricane kit. The shrouds are different on an 04' trust me:prof:

Your best bet is to get a YZ seat and tank combo for the WR ore check out the graphics companies to see who makes the hurricane kit for the WR.

If you a search through the sexiest WR thread, there are some guys out there that did the hurricane thing, you can PM 'em and ask where they got the materials, etc...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.