Steel Sprockets

6 replies to this topic
  • YZ_Abuser

Posted February 06, 2002 - 11:47 AM

I'm getting tired of chewing up aluminum sprockets down here in the sandy muddy conditions. I've used steel and they last MUCH longer, but weigh a ton. Who makes a light a steel sprocket? The Sprocket Specialties Titan Tough seem to last pretty well but not as well as steel.

Who makes the lightest steel sprocket that doesn't cost $100?

• lewichris

Posted February 06, 2002 - 12:08 PM

i just buy the primary drive sprockets from Rocky mountian ATV and they do me just fine. the only cost 14.99 + shiiping. But they are steal and the last me at least one season so far. on to the next season if this snow would melt.

http://www.rockymoun...sp?sid=00649190

• lewichris

Posted February 06, 2002 - 12:09 PM

i just buy the primary drive sprockets from Rocky mountian ATV and they do me just fine. the only cost 14.99 + shiiping. But they are steal and the last me at least one season so far. on to the next season if this snow would melt. And sure their heavy. But someone once told me that the heaver they are the more they give you a weighted flywhel effect. but i dont know for sure

http://www.rockymoun...sp?sid=00649190

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • skthom2320

Posted February 06, 2002 - 12:53 PM

I use the PD sprocket too! $14.99 + shipping is hard to beat even though they must weigh 25lbs...

Steve T

• jamracing

Posted February 06, 2002 - 03:51 PM

Actually, it adds flywheel effect to the motor. However, it also adds unsprung weight...Oh well, for 14.99, I'll "suffer".

• lewichris

Posted February 07, 2002 - 05:08 AM

they are not that heavy. I just had one shipped to me and the ups box said 4 lbs. I dont know but maybe that is heavy.

• skthom2320

Posted February 07, 2002 - 05:56 AM

Well OK - 25lbs is "writers embellishment." A couple of lbs seems correct.

Steve T

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.