Looking for a stock head pipe.

6 replies to this topic
  • mxpanda

Posted May 07, 2007 - 04:15 AM

A few weekends ago I took a little slip and did not think much of it. But yesterday when I was changing my oil I noticed that my head pipe was damaged in the accident. I have a 06 ZY450 and wanted to see is anyone had their stock head pipe, and guard that they would be willing to sell.

Any takers?

• yami racer

Posted May 07, 2007 - 05:21 AM

http://piperepair.com/

• Captaincautious7

Posted May 07, 2007 - 05:27 PM

If its dented you might check out the post on 5 about repairing dented pipes. Pretty neat idea.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gtxkid

Posted May 07, 2007 - 06:05 PM

I have one on a 2007 450F. Will it work and what is it worth.

• mxpanda

Posted May 08, 2007 - 06:19 AM

I have one on a 2007 450F. Will it work and what is it worth.

I looked up the part number and they are the same. PM with a price.

• mxpanda

Posted May 08, 2007 - 06:21 AM

If its dented you might check out the post on 5 about repairing dented pipes. Pretty neat idea.

Its not dented, it is somewhat folded and it looks like it is not in complete alignment with the head.

• grayracer513

Posted May 08, 2007 - 08:26 AM

The '07 header is not the same as the '06, although it may well fit, and might actually work better. The issue will be the fit and size of the outlet to the midpipe. I have heard it said that an '06 silencer will fit the '07 header if the '07 seal is used, but I haven't been able to verify that. The '07 header is a stepped design.

One user states that he used an '06 end cap on an '07 silencer and header, and that he found it increased the low end considerably by doing so, so you may get similar results.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.