wheels to fit a xr600 17" help any1

3 replies to this topic
  • mikey 4410

Posted May 07, 2007 - 02:54 AM

what are the most simple 17"wheels to fit to the xr600r ???? anybody ????

• DGXR

Posted May 07, 2007 - 08:39 AM

That's funny, I've always seen people trying to get away from the 17" rear wheels. Why are you looking to downsize? My 1984 XR500R has a 17" rear, it works fine and must be pretty strong because I pound the crap out of that thing on a regular basis. People have said it's getting hard to find 17" rear tires but they must be looking in the wrong place because I find them every time I look online and I have 3 brand new ones waiting in the garage. Anyway, I don't know if the hub or axle sizes are the same as what came on your XR6, but they couldn't be too far off since the XR5 evolved into the XR6. Hope this helps, good luck.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cleonard

Posted May 07, 2007 - 09:03 AM

These days when people are asking for 17 inch wheels it is for high end street tires not for dirt use. Usually the desire is for tubeless mag type rims.

Do some seaches and I bet that you will find some good ideas.

• asf

Posted May 07, 2007 - 12:58 PM

I think Marchinesi makes wheels for the XR600. If I were you, I'd just lace up a set of 17" excels or sun rims to a factory hub or a talon hub, supermoto style. Then you get to play with widths depending on what you want. Plenty of shops do wheel lacing.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.