88 handling problems

2 replies to this topic
  • themanoy

Posted May 06, 2007 - 10:47 PM

a friend of mine just bought an 1988 XR600 and he has been complaining about the handling. i tested his bike out and i could say there is something wrong with it. it steers a like an overweight custom made chopper!:applause:

does this have something to do with the 17" rear tire? will converting the rear wheel to 18 solve this problem?

btw, his XR is in good condition and it was used more on the streets by the previous owner.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • deelong4002

Posted May 07, 2007 - 09:01 AM

I have a 2000 and it pushes through corners very badly, doestn like to slow down easily either cause of all that momentum

• asf

Posted May 07, 2007 - 12:53 PM

Suspension setup is the key to handling. Make sure your sag is right and your forks are sitting at the right height in the triples.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.