2007 WR 450 AIS question

3 replies to this topic
  • monkeystink

Posted May 06, 2007 - 07:56 PM

Hey fellas, I removed my AIS, cut a piece of metal stock to fit the front chamber, and plugged all the other places, question is should one of these be left unplugged? I have not ridden the bike since doing the mods, I recently was riding it down the street is all, and the rubber half circle part of the head cover gasket blew right out!! :applause: That took some serious pressure to do that, so I'm thinking something was plugged that should be allowed to breathe. Crankcase vent? :applause: Thanks in advance for any answers.

Scott

• Murray Dorward

Posted May 07, 2007 - 08:40 AM

When you say you plugged everything, whay exactly is everything ? Cant work out what you have done wrong with so little information. I have done three AIS kits so far (1x'05 & 2x'07) and had no problems. Did you remove piping on top of the cam cover ? as this is not part of the AIS conversion. From what I hear you have plugged up the cylinder head breather hose. This will cause a build up off pressure in the cylinder head causing the seal that you talk about to blow out. The pipe runs over the top of the cam shaft cover. Un plug it and refit it. Purchase a new cylinder head cover gasket and your problem should be solved.

Cheers

Muz

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rheynard

Posted May 07, 2007 - 08:52 AM

Yep I agree, the hose that goes to the lower connection on the air box should be left intact. It kinda loops around and tee's next to the carb. GL

• monkeystink

Posted May 07, 2007 - 09:32 PM

Thanks fellas, I did plug the fitting on top of the cylinder/cam cover. I've got a new gasket coming and will promptly unplug the fitting. Sounds like I removed too much. The crankcase breather, cam cover top fitting, and airbox hose all stay intact? What about the little fitting on the right side of the cylinder?

Scott

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.