WR450 Stalling?

6 replies to this topic
  • Fusion77

Posted May 06, 2007 - 06:44 PM

Everytime my dad runs his bike through like the creek or even when we rode in the snow, his bike would stall on him. Today at the races he went down into the creek and it stalled. Does anyone else have this prob.? And is there any way to fix this problem? (Any kind of help would be appreciated)

• tony1970

Posted May 06, 2007 - 09:14 PM

His carb vents routed below are plugging up causing the stalling.

• WR_Dave

Posted May 07, 2007 - 04:54 AM

You may want to think about installing "T's" in the crossover vent lines and running the new extra hose from the "T" up under the tank. Just make sure the "T" is installed below the curve of the crossover hose. WR Dave.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • farkawi

Posted May 07, 2007 - 08:26 AM

Yup, those pesky vent hoses. I routed mine up under the seat.

• Pooley

Posted May 07, 2007 - 10:53 AM

I remember reading that the abrupt temperature change on the engine, from hitting the cold water can causes the bike to stall. If he is moving through water quickly, I wouldn't expect the vent hoses to be the problem. Now if he is going slowly, its more likely. Also, remember to NEVER try and start the bike if the crankcase breather hose is under water. If you do, you will suck muddy water into the bike, and your oil filter is likely to be plugged up with mud and look like an hourglass.

• Farmerboy

Posted May 07, 2007 - 01:11 PM

on top of the carb ( or the two nearest the top ) are the two pipes that need to be pulled up and carried over into the top of the airbox instead of down and under the rear suspension.

• Fusion77

Posted May 09, 2007 - 12:10 PM

Thanx guys, I think we're goin to try to re-route the hoses and see what happens. :applause:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.