AIS removal kit

8 replies to this topic
  • amaaaron

Posted May 06, 2007 - 11:32 AM

I have a 2005 wr450 and i want to get the ais removal kit for and i was wondering if i can just pick that up at the local dealer ship and if so wat all comes with it ? thanks aaron

• Murray Dorward

Posted May 07, 2007 - 08:46 AM

You can oder it at any Yamaha dealers. The pack comes with Pretty easy step for step instructions on what to do.

Muz

• kskyles

Posted May 07, 2007 - 09:17 AM

Hey-

Do a little searching and look at the differences between the Yamaha kit and the TT kit. I don't know much about the yami kit, but I really like the TT kit. There's even a tutorial on installation in the performance index.

Kimo

• xrmarty

Posted May 07, 2007 - 09:25 AM

Hey-

Do a little searching and look at the differences between the Yamaha kit and the TT kit. I don't know much about the yami kit, but I really like the TT kit. There's even a tutorial on installation in the performance index.

Kimo

I believe the TT kit doesn't have the throttle screw and all the jets and needles (correct me if wrong), that's why it is also cheaper. If you're going to go with an aftermarket jetting kit, then the TT kit is a way to go. If you just want to rejet and get on your way, then the Yamaha kit is for you.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR450RICKO

Posted May 07, 2007 - 10:19 AM

$40 GYTR kit has everything you need to wake her up. Got mine at the local shop

• kanemilo

Posted May 07, 2007 - 11:58 AM

If you use the TT kit put the plugs in the freezer overnight you would not believe how much better they start and drive in.

• DanielGalloway

Posted May 10, 2007 - 01:34 PM

Good luck getting one from Yamaha. I've been waiting for nearly a month for mine. The last estimated arrival for it was May 23rd. We'll see if it makes it here. I'd buy the TT kit, but I'm really after the adjustable needle and bigger pilot and main jets as much as I am the removal kit.

Daniel

• xrmarty

Posted May 10, 2007 - 08:20 PM

JD jets and the TT ais removal kit is the way to go now that I think about it. The JD kit has a huge selection of jets, multiple needles conveniently marked by color for different elevations, ect, all you will be missing is the ais plates to plug up the hole and vents. Therefore the TT kit is useful for that because it doesn't have all the other stuff and it's cheaper than GYTR kit.

• Propshaft

Posted May 10, 2007 - 09:26 PM

I just completed the removal process, and my once sputtering, stalling, 06 WR450, comes off the bottom like a tractor. It also idles smoothly and doesn't die.
I used the Yamaha factory AIS removal kit. If for no other reason, the directions that come with the kit are worth the money. They tell you what to remove to access the carb etc. There is also instructions for the airbox mods,
and the gray wire disconnect.
I also purchased a MSR fuel mixture screw, which has a larger knurled knob at the bottom, which is a lot easier to adjust then some of the other aftermarket screws I have seen.
So far its just been a quick buzz on the fire road other side of the lake. Ill report back when I get time stress test things?

Be Safe,
Propshaft

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.