wr 450 leak

1 reply to this topic
  • canyonclimb

Posted May 06, 2007 - 08:14 AM

just bought a used wr 450 and took it out for a spin yesterday. The bike is in great condition but I noticed something interesting. On top of my bash plate there was a liquid(looked like oil) pooling. The source looked to be a large hose that starts at the top of the engine and ends on top of the bash plate with an open end. Obviously it must be some kind of overflow, but I was curious as to if this is normal or what the leak may mean. The bike is jetted for sea level and I am riding at around 5000. I was curious if this could be part of the problem. Rejetting is a priority on my list.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xrmarty

Posted May 06, 2007 - 10:57 PM

can you take a picture of the hose? It does soud like one of the vent hoses:confused:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.