ProMoto Billet Ins. vs GYTR wr Muffler Ins.

10 replies to this topic
  • notyme2loose

Posted May 05, 2007 - 08:56 PM

I have 2006 WR450 and I am looking at the above inserts. Is there any notable differences in performance and sound. Thanks for any replies.

• Summit

Posted May 06, 2007 - 05:46 AM

Not sure about the GYTR but the the pro moto is just a touch louder than stock and I could tell there's a performance gain also.

• yz-dwg

Posted May 06, 2007 - 08:42 AM

Last time I looked there wasn't a GYTR insert available for the '06, but I could be wrong, when I got my PMB isert, I installed it first and noticed a big increase in power and not too much more noise, I like it alot

• Kaleb

Posted May 06, 2007 - 10:35 AM

Did you get an increase in power down low or top end?

• yz-dwg

Posted May 06, 2007 - 11:24 AM

The PMB insert was the first mod I made, I noticed increase in power everywear, but I still had the WR throttle screw and grey wire etc., I rode it with just the insert for a couple of months because I thought the power increase was so good and I'm a beginner and was getting used to the bike, I then did all rest of the mods and OMG........................

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FastRides

Posted May 06, 2007 - 08:03 PM

Thanks for the info, guys- I was wondering the same thing and had recently searched for the forums for this info. I just orderd the PMB along with a JD kit and Zip-ty screw to continue to develop the bike, which is awesome. As much as I'd like to have an FMF or DrD, that'll have to wait for now. Thanks again.

• SJMC_DON

Posted May 07, 2007 - 08:28 AM

I just installed the GYTR on my 07, ($45). A little louder but still 96db or less. Performance gained in low end and the tail pipe does not look so "whimpy" anymore:thumbsup:

• bmoore345

Posted May 07, 2007 - 11:40 AM

I have a 06 WR 450 and I installed the GYT-R insert it's alittle louder and I felt the power gain on the bottom end

• MountainMax

Posted May 07, 2007 - 04:11 PM

IM using the PMB insert and the second baffle removed, a bit louder and a bit more power but not near as much as putting on a stock Yz muffler.

• MaxPower

Posted May 08, 2007 - 01:38 AM

[COLOR="Green"]you need a db Dawg
Cheesy way of mounting it though. Im going to come up with something different with mine[/COLOR]

• MountainMax

Posted May 08, 2007 - 02:25 AM

where can you buy them? do they reduce much performance?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.