07WR450 AIS removal kit+Free Mods+GYTR insert

6 replies to this topic
  • don319

Posted May 05, 2007 - 05:21 PM

Anyone have this combo? How well does it work?
Thanks
Don

• patrickincc

Posted May 11, 2007 - 01:41 PM

I did the AIS removal kit, free mods w/ FMF Q 4 and its amazing.

• xrmarty

Posted May 11, 2007 - 09:45 PM

Thanks
Don

I remember reading a post about free mods and the insert. The bike apparently ripped like a rocket on solid fuel. To be honest with you, these bikes are so corked up that any mod which helps it breathe in and out better is a huge improvement. I wouldn't worry about any specific "combo". Just open up the intake and exhaust (in any way you like) and the bike will come alive. The removal of Air Induction System will not probably give you any noticable increase in power. It is just something most of us guys do to remove extraneous equipment and eliminate extra weight.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SJMC_DON

Posted May 14, 2007 - 09:16 AM

Thanks
Don

I have this exact combo... I think it works well, the GYTR 96db insert made alot of difference over just the AIS removal, free mods and pea shooter removed... When I did the GYTR insert it woke up the bike quite a bit :applause: For $45 I think it's a good mod, that stock exhaust can is not that heavy and really is not a lot longer than most of the after market quiet systems I see available for the 07'.

• xrmarty

Posted May 14, 2007 - 11:53 AM

For $45 I think it's a good mod, that stock exhaust can is not that heavy and really is not a lot longer than most of the after market quiet systems I see available for the 07'.

I happened to put on a aftermarket pipe, but the stock can is really not that bad once modified. It doesn't look too bad either compairing to the stock CRF-X pipe, just to name one.... I'm definitely keeping my stock pipe as a back up.

• don319

Posted May 14, 2007 - 03:16 PM

SJMC Don,
What jetting are you running? Is it the stuff in the AIS removal kit?
Thanks
Don

• SJMC_DON

Posted May 14, 2007 - 03:35 PM

SJMC Don,
What jetting are you running? Is it the stuff in the AIS removal kit?
Thanks
Don

Everything in the kit except the main, I opted for a 172 instead of the 175 in the kit. I still thought the 172 was a little rich for my temp and elevation but that was before the GYTR insert - after installing the insert I think it's pretty good... it felt like it was kind of loading up on the bottom but now it hits harder:thumbsup:

Good Luck :applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.