throttle?

7 replies to this topic
  • amaaaron

Posted May 05, 2007 - 04:26 PM

So I go my 2005 wr450 outo on the track for the first time today and it is bone stock everyone on here has been real helpful with telling me what i have to do to get it riding good but i had a couple questions. My ? is when i turn the throttle it feels like it only turns about a quarter and i was wondering if that will change when i change the throttle pin. My 2nd ? is i have been told to cut the grey wire and i dont know what the grey wire is so if anyone can help me thatd be awesome.
thanks aaron

• kanemilo

Posted May 05, 2007 - 05:06 PM

Yep she will open up when you shorten the stop and the gray wire is under the tank near the seat. I just unplugged mine and sealed the connection with silicone to keep out the moisture

• xrmarty

Posted May 05, 2007 - 07:02 PM

You can also buy the AIS removal kit from the dealer. It comes with everything you need: yz throttle stop (alternative to cutting), all the jets, and all the things you need to remove the AIS.

• amaaaron

Posted May 05, 2007 - 07:05 PM

Thats awesome how much is one of these kits.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xrmarty

Posted May 05, 2007 - 07:08 PM

about $ 50.

• xrmarty

Posted May 05, 2007 - 07:11 PM

You can also buy it from Thumper Talk store. It's cheaper too.

http://shop.thumpert...talk_aissrk.htm

• kanemilo

Posted May 06, 2007 - 05:07 AM

I used the TT removal kit but it does not include the jets or stop just the plugs for the AIS removal. You will have to get the jets seperate and also the throttle stop. I just cut mine to length you can do a search and find how much to cut off. I am getting old and can't remember how much i cut off mine but it was cheaper than buying one and not at all difficult.

• WR_Dave

Posted May 06, 2007 - 05:14 AM

Check the WR performance sticky thread at the top of the forum page, everything is in there for your bike. WR Dave.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.