Light Brown sustance coming out from engine breather hose

4 replies to this topic
  • tornado

Posted February 05, 2002 - 11:30 AM

I noticed some small amount of sticky light brown sustance flowing out from my engine breather hose when I park my bike overnight. Is this normal or something's wrong?!

• jamracing

Posted February 05, 2002 - 12:46 PM

Sounds like you either need to change your oil, or you have some water in your oil (it would give it a white-ish/light brown color, and also mean you need to change your oil).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted February 05, 2002 - 01:07 PM

It is oil....Blow-by from the upper end, and yes it is quite normal after a hard ride..an NO it does not mean you have to change your oil....Everything is fine.

Bonzai :)

• SoCalWR426

Posted February 05, 2002 - 04:34 PM

Yamakaze is correct. Condensation and light oil mist occurs in breather tube. they mix creating this goop!
Ohh, Noooo. We went back to the B-word!!...Now Guy and Ronnin will be here!!

SoCal :)

[ February 05, 2002: Message edited by: SoCalWR426 ]

• Ronin

Posted February 05, 2002 - 05:03 PM

your all wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. it must be fuel coming from under the carb.......arrgggghhhhh!!!

Im sorry, I was terribly wrong.

Ronin

socal, had to do it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.